As part of its drive towards cleantech innovation, NIA wanted to create a marketplace environment that could connect startups and investors in the North of Europe. In addition, it needed a platform for managing multiple open innovation calls in a simple and scalable way.
To reach its twofold goal, NIA worked with SkipsoLabs on building a custom platform that would facilitate the collaboration between cleantech startups and investors, in addition to hosting and managing multiple innovation challenges across different geographic regions.
Based on NIA’s requirements, the platform’s robust features include:
- A dedicated module where both startups and investors are profiled and listed allowing for highly customized search criteria, automated recommendations and granular privacy settings
- A section to launch and manage multiple open innovation calls with custom workl-fows and configurations
- A multi-tenant architecture allowing NIA to pull and push data to other platforms of the SkipsoLabs innovation ecosystem
- Direct messaging functionality and private discussion forums for the registered community of users
- Cleantech news, success stories and a newsletter subscription
Following the successful implementation of its innovation hub, NIA extended access to its innovation partners in Saudi Arabia and Switzerland. This was accomplished through a multi-tenant solution comprised of two additional, connected platforms called Engage and Yodelhub, that could share open calls among themselves.
Engage was developed as a digital hub to help accelerate economic and social progress in the developing world through science, technology and innovation. It is powered by the Islamic Development Bank and offers the ability to procure services frequently sought by cleantech startups, including mentorship, financial advice, support with business models and plans, intellectual property consultations and other legal advice, in addition to making valuable support resources available for download.
Yodelhub offers ‘’precise technology scout- ing’’ for SMEs, startups, investors, corporates and clusters in Switzerland.